Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why buy simple when you can buy sophisticated...

Two years ago, I wanted to change my old mobile phone and I thus bought one of the latest and
most sophisticated mobile phones models available on the market for a little fortune. But up to now, I never or rarely used most of the functions available.

Yesterday, I bought a 'backup' mobile phone. And this time, I chose a model with the most basic functionalities. A phone which allows me to make a call, to receive a call, to exchange sms and to keep a phone list. That's all I needed and it cost me peanuts...

What I wanted to say through that example is that when we shop, we sometimes tend to buy the most sophisticated mobile phone, computers, softwares, cars, houses etc...which come with hundreds of functions/facilities and we often pay big money for that.

But do we often use or have we ever used most of the functions/facilities provided for the price we paid for ? Or it's just that we want to 'show off', we want to project the image of someone who is 'successful' in life, of someone who follows the latest trends...

Alain Fok

No comments: